Today we will be discussing the differences between these two types of business degrees that can be obtained from a college or University.
Why Business Degree Types Matter?
Knowing these differences is very important as the type of education that you will receive from a college or university when taking your business degree can differ depending on the choice. No worries though as we are going to show you what the differences are between these two types of business degrees.
Caution about Business Degree Types
Bachelor degrees in business come in many different types depending on the college or university that you choose. These two different types of business degrees will allow a student to progress in the direction that they choose for their career after college.
Generally a bachelor of arts business degree will require you to complete the majority of your coursework in the arts field, which can include but isn’t limited to:
- Social science
- Fine arts
These usually will involve that you also learn quality research methods such as literary analysis as well as ethnography.
In addition to a business degree focusing in the field of arts, you also have another degree that is focused on science. If you choose to go this route you will be required to study the majority of your coursework in the field of science. This field may include studies such as:
- Physical science
- Life science
- Mathematical science
As you may already can tell, these are most focused on quantitative analysis, which includes a whole lot of working with numbers and statistics analysis.
The best way to make a choice of which one of these you should choose, is to think about what you want to do in your work life. If you like working more independently, along with using mathematical strategies or science than the latter may be for you. Otherwise, you may want to enter the arts degree field so that you are more people ready since you may be required to study a foreign language component.
There is a whole lot that is different between these two business degree types. Keep in mind that colleges and universities may use other names or titles for the same two business degree types.
List of Types of Bachelor Degrees
- BASc – Bachelor of Applied Science
- BArch – Bachelor of Architecture
- BBA – Bachelor of Business Administration
- BComm – Bachelor of Commerce
- BCompSc – Bachelor of Computer Science
- BD – Bachelor of Divinity (also the name of a postgraduate degree in some universities)
- BDes – Bachelor of Design (Visual design dicipline)
- BEd – Bachelor of Education
- BEng or BE – Bachelor of Engineering
- BFA – Bachelor of Fine Arts
- BMath – Bachelor of Mathematics (also the name of a postgraduate degree in some universities)
- BMus – Bachelor of Music (also the name of a postgraduate degree in some universities)
- BPharm -Bachelor of Pharmacy
- BTech – Bachelor of Technology
- BSEE – Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- BSF – Bachelor of Science in Forestry
- LLB – Bachelor of Laws (also the name of a postgraduate degree in some universities)
- List credited to this page.
I hope this information is very useful to you while choosing an online business degree program to take. We like to make sure that our site visitors are well informed before they make a harsh decision that will be difficult to change later.